Reports to Director of Operations
Provides direct support to Owners, Project Managers, Superintendents
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, clerical and secretarial support to Owners, Project Managers and Superintendents and whose primary goal is to assist in ensuring the effective and efficient flow of operations within the HQ office on all administrative matters.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in recordkeeping, information management and schedule coordination.
- Competent in computer usage, competent in Microsoft Office applications and able to learn proprietary programs quickly.
- Skill in document composition and structure; accurate typing with reasonable speed (i.e., 60 wpm).
- Ability to perform a variety of secretarial assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, tradesmen, local representatives (including City staff) and the general public.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
§ Prepares reports and correspondence (including some spreadsheet work) requested by a superior where information must be obtained from a variety of sources.
§ Coordinate meetings, conferences, real estate closings and Owner schedules and ensure that all related and required (meeting) materials are assembled and available.
§ Answer and screen calls taking care to handle existing and prospective clients and associates with courtesy and tact; ensure that resulting issues are properly directed and moved toward resolution.
§ Assist in maintaining paper files, electronic files and in-house database systems.
§ Maintain office supply inventory and coordinate same through Director of Operations; ensure all office equipment preventive maintenance schedules are adhered to.
§ Coordinate processing and distribution of daily mail (incoming and outgoing) and ensures that documents (e.g., invoices) are routed to the appropriate department on a timely basis.
§ Periodically provide assistance in the data entry of Accounting and/or project-related data.
§ Other duties as assigned in connection with the administration of Quest Development business and affairs.